14. DISCO BALLS. Hang one from the ceiling in the main area for dancing and singing, but don’t forget to have an extra one for the window! If you place it by a nicely lit window in the middle of the day you will have a gorgeous glow of “glitter” shining through the room.
15. PERSONALIZE. Take some pictures of the birthday girl before the party. Have them really ham it up and act like rock stars. The make a celebrity wall or area to hang 8 x 10 photos of celebrities. Slip a couple photos of the bday girl in with the other “stars”. You can pull and print a lot of singer shot online.
16. MAKE-UP. Whether you have a hair and make-up person there or you just have a table set up, a make up station is really fun. A simple set up can just have a make-up mirror, some glittery eye shadows, and shiny lip glosses.
17. AUTOGRAPHS. Easy craft that is a lot of fun. Set out black card stock paper, gold and silver metallic markers, star stickers, and glittery stick on letters. Girls decoration their special page however they’d like and then they all “autograph” each others page.
18. BLING YOUR MICROPHONE. Another fun craft that is easy to make. Spray paint toilet paper rolls, let dry, then hot glue a silver holiday ball (the plastic kind) to the roll. You can hot glue a silver washer to the bottom to make it stand better. At the party, set out glitter glue and gems and let the girls go to town.
19. KARAOKE. No pop star party is complete without a karaoke machine! Start with a dance party featuring the top pop songs to get them warmed up and singing. You can either MC like it’s a concert, or let the birthday girl take over and introduce her friends. After awhile, even the shyest of guests is up there having a ball! *Best buy sells a lot of the CD’s needed for karaoke and also Kids Bop CD’s. Kids Bop records all the latest hits with clean language versions and is great to have on hand for dancing and just sing-alongs.
20. SWAG BAGS. Don’t forget the parting gift! I love giving a disco ball out for this party. Girls can’t wait to go home and hang in their room. I get mine and the Five Below store. They usually sell them in silver, gold, and even hot pink! Another thing that works great is giving out headsets/earphones. You can find them at Five Below, too.
Hope this helps you create the Pop or Rock Star Party of your dreams! Questions, comments and ideas welcome! I’d love to hear from you!
*This Gold and Glam Pop Star Party was recently featured on CATCH MY PARTY!
Big thanks to Jillian for featuring it on your awesome party site! Love Catch My Party!